2018 Young Motorcycle Racer of the year competition
|For 2018 the Masters Superbike Series will continue to include a competition to find the Young Irish Motorcycle Racer of the Year. The competition will be open to any Irish rider who is under 23 on the date of the opening race of the season on March 25th. Riders in any Masters Superbike Championship class will be eligible for the award.
The winner will be decided at an end of year assessment day at Mondello Park where seven nominees will be put through their paces both on and off track. On this assessment day they will ride their own machinery.
The seven nominees will be chosen across the full Masters season with a Young Rider of the Day being selected by a panel of experts at each Masters Superbike Championship event. Each event winner will win a free entry to the following event along with free garage space and testing if the next event is at Mondello Park.
For more information on the competition see below.
To apply for inclusion in the competition CLICK HERE.
The award will consist of:
A cash contribution to be paid towards a riders competition expenses with payments being made on an agreed schedule over the course of the 2019 season.
Free entries, testing and garages for all Masters events during 2018, if the winners continues to race in Ireland.
Coaching and guidance provided through our award partners.
Seven winners will be chosen from the seven Masters Superbike Championship events by a panel made up of Media, event organisers and nominees of the competition supporters.
All seven will go to the end of season assessment day where they will ride their own machinery.
Finalists will be tested on their riding, set-up ability and their interview and presentation skills.
The winner will be chosen following the assessment and will be announced at the end of season Championship awards.
2017: Thundersport GB Elite 600 class
2016: 2nd in Masters Lightweight Supersport Class
Champion in Irish Lightweight Supersport
2nd in Wirral (UK) 100cc – 500cc Class
Previous Experience: One round of 2017 Masters
Class: Junior Cup
Previous Experience: One year in Young Guns
Class: Junior Cup
2nd in Irish Young Guns Championship in 2017
Invited to British Talent Cup selection event 2017
Class: Junior Cup
3rd year racing on short circuits
2nd in 2017 Young Guns Championship
2016 BSB KTM RC390 Cup Champion
2016 Garmin Young Rider of the Year
2014 Irish & Ulster Production Champion
2 invites to Red Bull Rookies Final
To be eligible riders must hold an MCUI competition licence.
They must be under 23 on March 24th 2018.
Riders may compete in any Masters Superbike Championship class.
For the full terms and conditions see the T & C’s Tab.
To be considered for selection competitors must complete the APPLICATION FORM prior to competing in an event. This is required in order for a list of eligible competitors to be available to all judges when they are making their selection at each event.
1. To be eligible for the award all entrants must be under 23, that is 22 years old or younger on March 24th 2018, the date of the first round of the championship.
2. Riders must be competing in a Masters Superbike Championship class, as listed below.
3. Riders must hold an MCUI competition licence and must be competing regularly in Ireland.
4. Riders returning from competing abroad and making a one off appearance in order to be considered for the award may not be considered.
5. To be chosen for the competition, riders must register their interest by filling out an entry form and accepting these terms and conditions.
6. If a rider is under eighteen their parent or guardian must agree to their participation and their acceptance of the terms and conditions.
7. The rider chosen as the Young Rider of the Meeting at each event will be entitled to a free entry for the following Masters Superbike Championship event along with free testing and garage if the following event is at Mondello Park. This award is not transferable to another event or to another rider except by agreement with the award promoters. The winner at the final event will receive their award at the first event of the following season.
8. The decision of the selection panel at each event is final and cannot be appealed
9. The seven event winners will go forward to the competition final which will be held at Mondello Park at a date to be decided following the final event of the season.
10. At that event riders must ride the machine they were competing on when they received their nomination. Any change of machinery must be agreed by the competition organisers.
11. Any decision regarding a change of machinery will be final and not open to appeal by the competitor involved or any other competitor.
12. In the event that a rider is unable to ride on the day selected for the final, their place will be forfeited.
13. The organisers at their discretion may change the date to ensure that all participants can be present.
14. Receipt of the award will be subject to the winner agreeing to the signing of a contract between the stakeholders in the competition and the winner. This contract will cover the obligations of the stakeholders, the terms of payment of the award and the obligations of the winner as ‘Young Rider of the Year’. If agreement cannot be reached for any reason the award will be offered to the second place rider.
15. A rider may be disqualified form the competition after they have been chosen as an event winner if they they have their competition licence removed for a riding offence.
16. A rider may be disqualified form the competition after they have been chosen as an event winner if they or any of their team are deemed to have behaved in a way which reflects badly on the competition or its sponsors and partners.
17. None of the awards are transferable to another season in the case of a rider deciding not to race in 2018.
18. None of the awards can be exchanged for cash or any other product or service or sold on to a third party.
19. If the competition winner’s 2019 season is cut short for any reason any remaining value of the award will be forfeited and may be transferred to one of the other participants in the 2018 final.
20. All decisions of the judges in all matters relating to the competition are final.